The primary objective is to provide assistance to our Public Works staff. This position facilitates and/or coordinates multiple ongoing City functions, projects, and events; including the set-up and day-to-day operations for both the Draw Summer Event Series (outdoor concerts) and the Farmer’s Market which are held on Thursday evenings throughout the summer months. This position will also assist with the set-up of the annual Happy Days Festival (Saturday, September 8, 2018).
This is a temporary internship working 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday / 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., beginning in mid-May and running through approximately mid-September, depending on availability and workload. Work hours may vary depending on assigned projects and if the candidate is still attending school.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess a valid unrestricted MN Driver’s License (or valid in another state)and have a good driving record
- Must be a current student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Parks and Leisure Services, Public Administration, Communications, Business Administration, Community Development or closely related field; or a recent graduate looking to gain experience
- Must have intermediate Microsoft Office knowledge and skills
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have the ability to provide excellent Customer Service
The full job description and online application are on the city’s website: Job Opportunities