*This event is in the planning process. All information is subject to change. Please check back for more information as the event approaches.
The Chili Cook-off is back! Join us for this delicious event at the Happy Days Festival and show off your cooking skills for the community to enjoy.
The Chili Cook-off will be taking place from 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm on Saturday, September 10. Up to 20 Ramsey residents can submit their most-loved chili recipe for the community to sample. Taste-testers can sample each chili recipe for only $5 and vote for their favorite. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will take home a certain amount of the pot!
- Contestants are allowed to make any base of chili
- Chili should be made in a 6-quart crockpot ONLY - we don't want anyone running out of chili to serve, all while others are still giving out samples. This makes your chances of winning less likely!
- Registrants are responsible for transportation and food safety practices
- Anoka County requires all chili that is not made in a commercial kitchen to be labeled
- Labels must include the maker's name and address in which the chili was prepared
- Samples available only as supplies last
*A covered tent, table cloths, paper products, silverware, napkins, and power will be supplied for this event.
Contact Event Coordinator Nicole Laubach via email or at 763-433-9824 for details.