New Resident Information

Congratulations on your move and welcome to the City of Ramsey! Below you will find tips and other general information about the City. If you have any questions that are not addressed here or in the New Resident Packet, please call the City Offices at 763-427-1410. The New Resident Packet has all the information listed on this webpage and more.

City Council Meetings

Council meetings are open to the public and are held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month. Meetings occur at 7:00 pm at the Ramsey Municipal Center at 7550 Sunwood Drive NW. Shortly after meetings are convened, the floor is open to citizen input. 

Dog Information 

Four or more dogs require a kennel license. All dogs in public spaces must be under the owner's control and have owner identification tags or embedded ID chips. All dog excrement must be removed immediately and disposed of in the proper receptacle. 

The Ramsey Police Department’s Community Service Officer can handle animal control issues. Police Officers will address problems if the Community Service Officer is not on duty. Please contact the Ramsey Police Department via the dispatch center at 763-427-1212.

First-Time Home Buyer Programs

Are you a first-time buyer interested in buying a home in Anoka County? Visit  for more information on first-time home buyers and other homeowner programs available.


There is No Parking on streets within the City of Ramsey from 2:00 am until 6:00 am year-round.

Property Taxes

Those with questions on property taxes should contact the Anoka County Assessor's office by calling 763-323-5400 or visiting

Recycling Service

Recycling service in Ramsey is provided every other Monday. Contact Ace Solid Waste at 763-427-3110 or email Ace Solid Waste to have a recycling bin delivered to your home. Also, set up your billing account by calling the City at 763-576-4343. The recycling program currently accepts food/beverage aluminum, steel and tin cans, plastic containers, tubs, lids, glass containers, newspaper, corrugated cardboard, box board (cereal, chip boxes), mixed paper, and aseptic cartons (milk, soup, juice cartons). Separation of materials is not required. For questions about billing, please get in touch with the City at 763-576-4343.

Refuse Service

Ramsey residents must have a garbage service provided by a licensed hauler. Please look at the New Resident Packet (PDF) for a list of haulers.

Utility Billing

All City service billings, including but not limited to street lighting, sewer, water, recycling, and stormwater drainage, are handled by the City of Ramsey. Please call 763-576-4343 with billing questions, set up questions, or to establish a new service. The City also has Online Bill Pay available.