Ramsey Photo Contest
The City of Ramsey is holding a Photo Contest in search for beautiful photos from the community. Submit your photos that highlight what you love about life in Ramsey!
Winners will be announced at the City Council meeting in March 2020.
- Entrants must live, work, or attend school in Ramsey.
- Entries must be submitted by the original photographer. Your submission of the photo and entry form is your guarantee that you are the author and copyright holder of the photo.
- Minor digital enhancement is allowed, but images that have been significantly modified or appear unnatural will be disqualified.
- Photos must be taken within Ramsey city limits in the last three years.
- Photos must be appropriate for posting in government publications. If photos contain recognizable faces, you must complete a signed photograph consent form. Such photos that are not accompanied by a photograph consent form will not be considered.
- Photos may be reproduced by the City of Ramsey for City publications, advertising, and / or marketing materials.
How to Enter Your Photo(s)
- Photos must be submitted digitally in a JPG / JPEG or PNG format. Emails received are limited to 50MB (please note that many email clients have sending size limits as well). Multiple emails are allowed if needed.
- Email Photo Contest with digital entries, or a link to download the photo.
- Each entry must include the following via email, more than one entry can be submitted at a time:
- Completed entry form(s) (PDF), form must be completed for each photo submitted
- Photo(s) saved as follows: Photographer Last Name, Photographer First Name, Entry Number
- Photograph consent form (PDF) as needed
- Submissions that do not include this information will be disqualified
- Submissions with professional watermarks or logos will be disqualified
- Each Photo will be submitted without a category and will be shorted into one of the following categories by the Photo Contest Committee.The Category your photo is shorted is the discretion of the Photo Contest Committee.
- Nature of Ramsey: Viewing landscapes, plants, animals, weather, etc.
- Parks and Trails: Enjoying parks and trails in Ramsey, highlighting your favorite outdoor spaces
- Industry and Commerce of Ramsey: Displaying diversity of industrial and commercial operations in Ramsey
- Life in Ramsey: Celebrating the community through events, recreation, arts, culture, sports, and gathering places, etc.
- All entries are due by Thursday, December 20, 2019, by 4:30 p.m. Winners will be selected and notified in March 2019.
Photos must be submitted according to the official contest rules listed above by 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, December 20, 2018. Winners will be announced in March, 2020.
A panel of judges will review entries. Photos will be evaluated based on creativity, quality, composition, and expression of category theme. The Overall Grand-Prize winner will be awarded $100, first place in each of the four categories will win $50, second place in each category will be awarded $25, and one runner up in each category will win $15. Winning photos will be featured in various City publications.