Animal Control

The Ramsey Police Department’s Community Service Officer is available to handle your animal control needs. Our patrol officers will handle animal control issues when our Community Service Officer is not on duty.

Lost & Found Animals

Residents can report lost and found animals to the Ramsey Police Department by calling 763-427-6812, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. After hours, dispatch can be contacted at 763-427-1212. 

Please contact our department if you are missing your pet or have found someone else’s pet. Whenever possible, we will find dog owners rather than impounding them. However, if our department has picked up a dog and we cannot find the owner, it will be impounded. 

Claiming a Pet

Impounded dogs are housed at North Metro Animal Care and Control located at 16422 Hanson Blvd NW, Andover. For more information regarding impounded animals including fees, contact North Metro Care and control at 763-434-7332 ext-1. 

Cats & Other Animals

We currently do not have the facilities for impounding cats or other animals.

Dog Licenses

Contact the Ramsey Police Department at 763-427-6812 to obtain dog licenses. A current rabies vaccination record is required to obtain the license. City Ordinance requires that all dogs (over 6 months of age) be licensed. Licensing helps us identify found pets and return them to their owners.