The mission of Ramsey's economic development efforts is to support our local businesses, grow the city's tax base, foster job creation, and improve the overall quality of life for Ramsey residents. The City has placed an emphasis on encouraging economic development within the City Council's Strategic Plan, the Ramsey EDA's work plan, and the City's Comprehensive Plan.
Current Commercial Projects
Numerous commercial projects are currently taking place or have been completed in the City:
- Anderson Dahlen is expanding to add a 65,000 SF facility across the street from their current location on Sunwood Drive. Completion is expected in Spring 2022 and is anticipated to create at least 40 new jobs.
- PSD, LLC is scheduled to complete work on their fourth building (67,000 SF) in the Bunker Lake Industrial Park (BLIP) this spring. Integrity Tool & Engineering, Inc has signed on to lease 37,500 SF of the building.
- Oppidan Inc is adding three new buildings to Bunker Lake Industrial Park: 111,300 SF and two 147,000 SF facilities. Construction will begin in Spring 2022 and is anticipated to create at least 300 new jobs.
- Java Properties has begun construction to build an O'Reilly's Auto Parts Store on Sunwood Dr, west of Casey's General Store. An additional 7 acres adjacent to the property is being planned for a commercial/retail development. Potential users could include a small coffee shop, carwash, retail store, financial institution, restaurant and a grocery store. Phase I is projected to be complete in Spring 2022.
- G-Will Liquors has site approval for a new 12,000 SF building on 3 acres north of Bill's Superette off Alpine Dr & Hwy 47. Construction is expected to begin Spring 2022.
- PACT Charter School is requesting approval to build a school and football/soccer field adjacent to Central Park on a proposed 18 acres. If approved, construction could begin Summer 2022. Project details can be viewed here.
Recently Completed Projects
- Delta ModTech moved into their new 230,000 sq foot manufacturing facility in August 2020 in Bunker Lake Industrial Park
- Suite Living Senior Living & Memory Care opened in a brand new 32 unit facility in 2021
- Sapphire Apartments completed a 118 unit building in December 2020
- Ramsey Storage Center opened a 125,000 SF climate-controlled storage facility on the corner of Bunker Lake and Ramsey Blvds in 2020.
- West Armstrong Retail is a 15,000 SF multi-tenant retail building at the intersection of Sunwood Dr and Armstrong Blvd that was completed in 2020. Big Adventures Academy opened in October 2021 as the first tenant.
The City of Ramsey has experienced strong and steady development over the past 20 years. This trend is expected to continue - Ramsey is the second fastest growing city in Anoka County with well over 1,000 acres of developable greenfield land located near the U.S. Highway 10/Armstrong Interchange.
Ramsey boasts two unique developments: (1) The COR (Center of Ramsey) is the city's downtown development. This 300 plus+ acre development is a true, transit-orientated, mixed-use, walkable, urban development; and (2) the cities of Ramsey and Anoka also share a 1,000 acre nearly fully developed business park, which is home to several Fortune 500 operations, and has created about 15,000 jobs.
View additional development updates.