- BOARDS & COMMISSIONS
- Administrative Services
- Community Development
- Building Division
- Economic Development
- Development Updates
- Permits & Applications
- Planning Division
- Small Area Land Use Planning
- About the Department
- Community Programs
- Contact Us
- Crime Mapping & Statistics
- Crime Prevention
- Partners & Links
- Police Services
- Public Works
- Bicycle 'Library' System (Check it Out!)
- Canoes and Kayaks Available for FREE at Sunfish Lake Park
- Free Cable Service for Viewing Local Public Access Channels
- Northstar Commuter Train
- Public Surplus Online Auctions
- Ramsey Request & Response Citizen Support
- To Get Help or To Give Help
- Water Meter Replacement
- HOW DO I...?
- Access City Archives
- Access City Budget and Financial Reports
- Access City Code
- Access Community Links
- Access New Resident Information
- Access Snowplowing Information
- Make requests or ask questions
- Rent a Room, Facility or Athletic Field
- Request Public Data
- See a list of Garbage Haulers
- Can't find what you're looking for?
- ABOUT US
City Utilities System
The City of Ramsey's water, sanitary sewer, and storm sewer systems are categorized as utility systems. These utility systems are the foundation of the City's infrastructure. It includes utility equipment such as the City's water distribution system (water mains, pipes, and towers) and its sanitary sewer and storm sewer pipes including ditches.
Maintaining this infrastructure is a continuous process. Old and worn materials must be replaced and new technology incorporated to ensure a high level of utility service at the lowest possible cost.
The cost of maintaining a City's utility system is covered by utility fees, not property taxes. When the City of Ramsey resident pays their utility bill, part of that money is used for ongoing repairs and updates to the respective utility system. All residents pay for the storm drainage utility and only those residents who utilize City sanitary sewer and water pay for those respective utilities.
Click on any of the links below to be directed to the appropriate webpage.
Sanitary Sewer System
Storm Drainage System
Watch Water Tower Video
2013 Watermain Flushing
Water Conservation Tips for Consumers
Water Conservation Toolbox
Consumer Confidence Report/Water Report
Meter Replacement Program
How Do I Read My Water Meter?
Well Water Testing
Radio Read Meter Information