- BOARDS & COMMISSIONS
- Administrative Services
- Community Development
- About the Department
- Community Programs
- Contact Us
- Crime Mapping & Statistics
- Crime Prevention
- Partners & Links
- Police Services
- Public Works
- Bicycle 'Library' System (Check it Out!)
- Canoes and Kayaks Available for FREE at Sunfish Lake Park
- Community Sign
- Free Cable Service for Viewing Local Public Access Channels
- Northstar Commuter Train
- Pay Bills Online
- Public Surplus Online Auctions
- Ramsey Request & Response Citizen Support
- Rent - Athletic Fields & Tournaments
- Rent - City Hall Rooms
- Rent - Park Facilities
- To Get Help or To Give Help
- Water Meter Replacement
- HOW DO I...?
- Access City Archives
- Access City Budget and Financial Reports
- Access City Code
- Access Community Links
- Access New Resident Information
- Access Snowplowing Information
- Make requests or ask questions
- Rent a Room, Facility or Athletic Field
- Request Public Data
- See a list of Garbage Haulers
- Can't find what you're looking for?
- ABOUT US
- Agendas, Minutes & Weekly Update
- Development Updates
- Economic Development
- Northstar Transit
- Old Municipal Center Development
- Parks and Recreation
- Permits & Applications
- Public Hearing Notices
- Ramsey Resident Newsletter
- Rentals - Facilities, Parks, and Community Sign
- Requests & Questions
- Utility Billing
- Community Events
The Ramsey Police Department is divided into five divisions.
The Investigation Unit of the department is responsible for the investigation of crimes committed within the city. They are responsible for preparing cases to present to the Prosecuting Attorney's Office. The Support Services Captain is responsible for reviewing cases sent to investigations from patrol and assigning those cases to individual investigators. Investigators maintain close working relationships with other investigatory agencies on all levels of law enforcement and work hand-in-hand with Patrol to identify and apprehend criminal offenders, with special emphasis on the investigation of major crimes. Through this cooperation, both sections operate efficiently to apprehend offenders and resolve cases.
Uniformed patrol officers are assigned to one of four patrol teams supervised by a Sergeant. Officers respond to 9-1-1 calls, enforce traffic laws and investigate criminal activity.
Community Service officers enforce code violations, animal control and parking laws, provide motorist assists and perform other non-sworn duties.
The Crime Prevention Unit implements and maintains community-based crime prevention and safety endeavors. Crime Prevention serves as a resource for residents, schools, and members of the business community and performs an assortment of prevention activities.
Police records are processed and maintained by records/information services which consist of an office supervisor, one full-time and two part-time police technicians. The Ramsey Police Department participates in the Anoka County-wide records system. In addition to maintaining police records, Information Services handles incoming calls and window traffic, provides clerical support to the investigators, and provides police data to the public per Minnesota Data Practices. The office is open Monday – Friday (except for holidays) from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.
Police Explorers - Volunteer group for youth aged 14 - 20 years old.
Police Reserves - A reserve officer's main role is to support the sworn patrol officers on the road and to participate in community events. The Reserve Unit is under the direct command of a Sergeant.