- BOARDS & COMMISSIONS
- Administrative Services
- Community Development
- Building Inspection Division
- Economic Development
- Planning Division
- About the Department
- Community Programs
- Contact Us
- Crime Mapping & Statistics
- Crime Prevention
- Partners & Links
- Police Services
- Public Works
- Bicycle 'Library' System (Check it Out!)
- Canoes and Kayaks Available for FREE at Sunfish Lake Park
- Community Sign
- Free Cable Service for Viewing Local Public Access Channels
- Northstar Commuter Train
- Public Surplus Online Auctions
- Ramsey Request & Response Citizen Support
- Rent - Athletic Fields & Tournaments
- Rent - City Hall Rooms
- Rent - Park Facilities
- To Get Help or To Give Help
- Water Meter Replacement
- HOW DO I...?
- Access City Archives
- Access City Budget and Financial Reports
- Access City Code
- Access Community Links
- Access New Resident Information
- Access Snowplowing Information
- Make requests or ask questions
- Rent a Room, Facility or Athletic Field
- Request Public Data
- See a list of Garbage Haulers
- Can't find what you're looking for?
- ABOUT US
- Agendas, Minutes & Weekly Update
- Development Updates
- Economic Development
- Northstar Transit
- Old Municipal Center Development
- Parks and Recreation
- Permits & Applications
- Public Hearing Notices
- Ramsey Resident Newsletter
- Rentals - Facilities, Parks, and Community Sign
- Requests & Questions
- Utility Billing
- Community Events
Video: Page Overview
Notice to Ramsey Resident
If you are interested in seing a sample ballot online, click on www.mnvotes.org and enter your address.
New Voting Equipment for 2014
The City of Ramsey polling places will be using new voting equipment for the 2014 Primary and General elections. The voting process will remain the same, with voters completing a paper ballot to insert into a vote tabulator. A demonstration of the new equipment will be provided on Thursday morning, July 3, 2014, at 9:00 a.m. If you would like a demonstration of the equipment but are unable to come July 3, please contact Jo Thieling, City Clerk, at 763-433-9840 or email@example.com .
If you would prefer to watch a video demonstration, a link is provided below.
2014 Election Information
2014 is a regular election year. The City of Ramsey will have Council offices on the Primary and General ballot. The following seats will be up for election:
Councilmember Ward 1
Councilmember Ward 3
Filing for Office officially closed at 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 3.
Following is a list of candidates and the seats filed for:
Thomas J. Towberman
Frank E. Howsmon V
Melody (Hesselgrave) Shryock
If you desire contact information for any of the candidates, please call City Clerk Jo Thieling at 763-433-9840 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Primary Election is August 12, 2014 – all polling locations open from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
In-person absentee voting for the Primary Election begins on June 27, and may be done at either Ramsey City Hall or Anoka County Elections. The hours are 8:00 to 4:30. City Hall will also be open on Saturday, August 9, from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. to accommodate absentee voting. You may absentee vote up to 5:00 p.m., on Monday, August 11. You may also request a ballot by mail by calling 763.427.1410 (City Hall) or 763.323.5275 (Anoka County).
The General Election is November 4, 2014 – all polling locations open from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Please refer to the links below for additional information. This page continues to be updated as information is available.
If you have any questions, please contact Jo Thieling, City Clerk at 763.433.9840 or email@example.com
Related Elections Links: