- BOARDS & COMMISSIONS
- Administrative Services
- Community Development
- About the Department
- Community Programs
- Contact Us
- Crime Mapping & Statistics
- Crime Prevention
- Partners & Links
- Police Services
- Public Works
- Bicycle 'Library' System (Check it Out!)
- Canoes and Kayaks Available for FREE at Sunfish Lake Park
- Citizen Support Directory
- Community Sign & Event Promotion Resources
- Free Cable Service for Viewing Local Public Access Channels
- Northstar Commuter Train
- Pay Bills Online
- Public Surplus Online Auctions
- Ramsey Televised Meeting Guide
- Rent - Athletic Fields & Tournaments
- Rent - City Hall Rooms
- Rent - Park Facilities
- To Get Help or To Give Help
- Water Meter Replacement
- HOW DO I...?
- Access City Archives
- Access City Budget and Financial Reports
- Access City Code
- Access Community Links
- Access New Resident Information
- Access Snowplowing Information
- Make requests or ask questions of City staff
- Rent a Room, Facility or Athletic Field
- Request Public Data
- See a list of Garbage Haulers
- Can't find what you're looking for?
- ABOUT US
- City Code
- City Documents
- Community Events
- Development Updates & Available Residential Lots
- Economic Development
- Northstar Transit
- Notify Me
- Parks and Recreation
- Permits & Applications
- Ramsey ePay
- Ramsey Resident Newsletter
- Rentals - Facilities, Parks, and Community Sign
- Requests & Questions
- Utility Billing
Building DivisionInspection Line: 763.433.9850
The Building Division is open Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Please note: due to current service level requests, inspections should be scheduled at least 48 hours in advance. Thank you for your patience.
The purpose of the Building Division is to help ensure all your construction projects meet the requirements of both the Minnesota State Building Code and the City Zoning regulations.
There are currently two (2) staff members within the Building Division, the Building Official and a Permit Technician. The City also contracts with Inspectron, Inc. for building code inspections and Tokle Inspections, Inc. for electrical inspections.
It is the responsibility of this Division of the Community Development Department to oversee the construction, reconstruction, alteration, and repair of all residential and commercial buildings and other structures to which the Building Code is applicable.
Building permits are required to construct, add, alter, remove, demolish, or repair a structure. The city also requires building permits for maintenance items such as roofing, siding and/or window replacements. A permit ensures proper services are provided to safeguard life, health, property and public welfare. If work is done improperly, such work can become unsafe for homeowners and their families, as well as devalue their home.
Permit applications along with informational handouts are available both on line and at city hall. If you have questions regarding permits, the permit process or you already have a permit and need to schedule an inspection, please call 763.433.9850.
In The News
The University of Minnesota Extension is hosting upcoming classes for homeowners who have septic systems. For more information, visit z.umn.edu/SepticClass.
- Permits & Applications
- 2015 Rates and Fees
- 2015 Valuation Fee Schedule
- 2015 Valuation Worksheet
- Building Division Informational Handouts
- Point of Sale Requirements
- Rental Licensing (not available online - Call 763.433.9850 for more information)
- Lead Information
Websites of Interest:
- Minnesota Polution Control Agency - Keep Jack Frost out of Septic Systems as Cold Temperatures Arrive
- Minnesota Department of Health - Radon in the home...important information!
- Minnesota Department of Labor & Industry
- Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (use this website to find septic contractors)
- Construction Contractor Registration Pilot Project
- Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry - Local Code Lookup (find local code requirements and code inspectors in one place)
For all Building Code related questions, please contact the Building Division Hotline at 763.433.9850.
Building Inspection Technician
Permit Technician Assistant