- BOARDS & COMMISSIONS
- Administrative Services
- Community Development
- About the Department
- Community Programs
- Contact Us
- Crime Prevention
- Partners & Links
- Police Services
- Public Works
- HOW DO I...?
- Access City Archives
- Access City Budget and Financial Reports
- Access City Code
- Access Community Links
- Access New Resident Information
- Access Snowplowing Information
- Apply for a Job
- Make requests or ask questions
- Rent a Room, Facility or Athletic Field
- Request Public Data
- Can't find what you're looking for?
- ABOUT US
- Agendas, Minutes & Weekly Update
- Community Sign
- Economic Development
- Northstar Transit
- Online City/Property Info Map - new!
- Parks and Recreation
- Permits & Applications
- Public Hearing Notices
- Ramsey Resident Newsletter
- Requests & Questions
- Utility Billing
- Community Events
Building DivisionInspection Line: 763-433-9850
The Building Division is open Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The purpose of the Building
Division is to help ensure all your construction projects meet the
requirements of both the Minnesota State Building Code and the City
There are currently two staff members within the Building Division, the Building Official and a Permit Technician. It is the responsibility of this Division of the Community Development Department to oversee the construction, reconstruction, alteration, and repair of all residential and commercial buildings and other structures to which the Building Code is applicable.
Building permits are required to construct, add, alter, remove, demolish, or repair a structure. The city also requires building permits for maintenance items such as roofing, siding and/or window replacements. A permit ensures proper services are provided to safeguard life, health, property and public welfare. If work is done improperly, such work can become unsafe for homeowners and their families, as well as devalue their home.
Permit applications along with informational handouts are available both on line and at city hall. If you have questions regarding permits, the permit process or you already have a permit and need to schedule an inspection, please call (763) 433-9850.
In The News
Minnesota Department of Health Press Release on Sales of Water Treatment Systems. The Minnesota Department of Health has issued a News Release as helpful information in regards to sales of water treatment systems. The release can be found here.
- Permits & Applications
- 2013 Rates and Fees
- 2013 Valuation Fee Schedule
- Building Division Informational Handouts
- Point of Sale Requirements
- Rental Licensing (not available online - Call 763-433-9850 for more information)
- Electrical Forms and Information
- Lead Information
Websites of Interest:
- Minnesota Department of Health - Radon in the home...important information!
- Minnesota Department of Labor & Industry
- Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (use this website to find septic contractors)
- Construction Contractor Registration Pilot Project
- Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry - Local Code Lookup (find local code requirements and code inspectors in one place)
Building Official - Contracted through Inspectron, Inc.
Other times are available Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. by appointment.