- BOARDS & COMMISSIONS
- Administrative Services
- Community Development
- Building Division
- Economic Development
- Development Updates
- Permits & Applications
- Planning Division
- Small Area Land Use Planning
- About the Department
- Community Programs
- Contact Us
- Crime Mapping & Statistics
- Crime Prevention
- Partners & Links
- Police Services
- Public Works
- Bicycle 'Library' System (Check it Out!)
- Canoes and Kayaks Available for FREE at Sunfish Lake Park
- Free Cable Service for Viewing Local Public Access Channels
- Northstar Commuter Train
- Public Surplus Online Auctions
- Ramsey Request & Response Citizen Support
- To Get Help or To Give Help
- Water Meter Replacement
- HOW DO I...?
- Access City Archives
- Access City Budget and Financial Reports
- Access City Code
- Access Community Links
- Access New Resident Information
- Access Snowplowing Information
- Make requests or ask questions
- Rent a Room, Facility or Athletic Field
- Request Public Data
- See a list of Garbage Haulers
- Can't find what you're looking for?
- ABOUT US
The Finance Department annually prepares the budget document. The document is used to communicate the City’s organizational goals and policies, and financial plan for the coming year. The City Council has final authority for adopting the annual budget.
The first objective of a budget is to have expenditures equal to revenues. As public entities, this means keeping expenditures at a minimum so that taxes paid by property owners can be kept at a minimum while providing the desired level of services to the public. A Minnesota municipal budget is a comprehensive financial plan for a fiscal year running from January 1 to the following December 31. It includes estimates of the level of services, necessary expenditures, and probable tax receipts and other income. It is a complete outline of city activities, containing estimates of probable costs and available revenues during the coming year.
The current budget document is available for review at the Ramsey Municipal Center or may be viewed online.
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY (EDA) FUND
HOUSING AND REDEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY (HRA) FUND
ENTERPRISE FUNDS (WATER, SEWER, STREET LIGHTING, RECYCLING, & STORM WATER)
Please note that the budget document is very large and will take time to download, particularly if you do not have a high speed Internet connection. Viewing the budget online requires Adobe Reader.