- BOARDS & COMMISSIONS
- Administrative Services
- Community Development
- About the Department
- Community Programs
- Contact Us
- Crime Mapping & Statistics
- Crime Prevention
- Partners & Links
- Police Services
- Public Works
- Bicycle 'Library' System (Check it Out!)
- Canoes and Kayaks Available for FREE at Sunfish Lake Park
- Citizen Support Directory
- Community Sign & Event Promotion Resources
- Free Cable Service for Viewing Local Public Access Channels
- Northstar Commuter Train
- Pay Bills Online
- Public Surplus Online Auctions
- Ramsey Televised Meeting Guide
- Rent - Athletic Fields & Tournaments
- Rent - City Hall Rooms
- Rent - Park Facilities
- To Get Help or To Give Help
- Water Meter Replacement
- HOW DO I...?
- ABOUT US
- Citizen Support Directory
- City Code
- City Documents
- Community Events
- Development Updates & Available Residential Lots
- Economic Development
- Northstar Transit
- Notify Me
- Parks and Recreation
- Permits & Applications
- Ramsey Resident Newsletter
- Ramsey ePay
- Rentals - Facilities, Parks, and Community Sign
- Utility Billing
The Ramsey Police Department's Community Service Officer is available to handle your animal control needs. Animal control issues will be handled by our patrol officers when our Community Service Officer is not on duty.
Lost and Found Animals
Residents can report lost and found animals to the Ramsey Police Department by calling (763) 427-6812, Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM. After hours, dispatch can be contacted at (763) 427-1212. We maintain a list of lost and found animals and will attempt to match up owners with their pets.
Please contact out department if you are missing your pet or have found someone else's. Whenever possible, we will find dog owners rather than impounding them. However, if a dog has been picked up by our department and we cannot find the owner, it will be impounded. All contained dogs are checked for microchips and notification of the found dog will be posted on the police department Facebook page.
An owner will have five regular business days to claim their dog. A regular business day means any day during which the pound is open to the public, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Fees to release a dog after it has been impounded are:
- $125 impound fee
- $50 for each subsequent impound fee within 12 months
- $20 per day boarding fee
- $35 euthanasia fee (if applicable) - Any animal not claimed within the allotted time shall be eligible to be adopted out of disposed of in accordance with the provisions of MN statutue 35.71, subd. 3. We will do everything possible to find a suitable home for the dog!
It should be noted that licenses are required for all dogs and cats in the city of Ramsey. All dogs released from impound must be licensed by the city.
Cats & Other Animals: We do not have the facilities for impounding cats or other animals at the present time.
Adoption of Unclaimed Dogs
After the 5 business day waiting period, all unclaimed dogs will be eligible for adoption. Public notice via our police department Facebook page will be given regarding eligible dogs. Adoption will be determined based on a first come, first serve basis. There is no fee for adopting dogs in containment, however if the adoptee is a Ramsey resident, a dog license will need to be obtained. Please call (763) 427-6812 if you are interested in adopting an eligible dog in containment.
Contact the Ramsey Police Department to obtain dog and cat licenses. A current rabies vaccination record is required to obtain the license.
City Ordinance requires that all dogs and cats over 6 months of age be licensed. Licensing helps us identify found pets and return them to their owners.