- BOARDS & COMMISSIONS
- Administrative Services
- Community Development
- About the Department
- Community Programs
- Contact Us
- Crime Mapping & Statistics
- Crime Prevention
- Partners & Links
- Police Services
- Public Works
- Bicycle 'Library' System (Check it Out!)
- Canoes and Kayaks Available for FREE at Sunfish Lake Park
- Community Sign & Event Promotion Resources
- Free Cable Service for Viewing Local Public Access Channels
- Northstar Commuter Train
- Pay Bills Online
- Public Surplus Online Auctions
- Ramsey Request & Response Citizen Support
- Ramsey Televised Meeting Guide
- Rent - Athletic Fields & Tournaments
- Rent - City Hall Rooms
- Rent - Park Facilities
- To Get Help or To Give Help
- Water Meter Replacement
- HOW DO I...?
- Access City Archives
- Access City Budget and Financial Reports
- Access City Code
- Access Community Links
- Access New Resident Information
- Access Snowplowing Information
- Make requests or ask questions
- Rent a Room, Facility or Athletic Field
- Request Public Data
- See a list of Garbage Haulers
- Can't find what you're looking for?
- ABOUT US
- City Code
- City Documents
- Community Events
- Development Updates & Available Residential Lots
- Economic Development
- Northstar Transit
- Notify Me
- Parks and Recreation
- Permits & Applications
- Ramsey ePay
- Ramsey Resident Newsletter
- Rentals - Facilities, Parks, and Community Sign
- Requests & Questions
- Utility Billing
Is your neighborhood or business group looking for some way to become involved in the community? Do people want to get to know each other better and have an impact on the environment in their neighborhood? Why not try ADOPT-A-SPOT!
What is Adopt-A-Spot?
The Adopt-A-Spot program will be a catalyst to organize active community participation in keeping the City of Ramsey beautiful. This program is a partnership between the City of Ramsey and its citizens. This program will build civic pride by beautifying our city streets, parks, trail’s, a designated spot, etc., whereby increasing safety and decreasing litter and other pollutants through trash removal and other volunteer beautification efforts.
What are the adoptee commitments?
The Adopt-A-Spot program wants individuals, organizations, or businesses to “ADOPT” a street, park, trail, lot, or hotspot most anywhere, and agree to keep the area cleared of litter for at least two years. (Two clean-ups per year)
What are the City of Ramsey’s commitments?
The City provides a supply of trash bags, reflective vests, and gloves to the volunteers. The City will also give the organization a certificate suitable for framing and erect a special Adopt-A-Spot recognition sign in your designated area.
How do we go about adopting a spot?
If your organization decides to Adopt-A-Spot, select a representative as liaison to the Program Coordinator. Select the spot that your group would like to adopt and then complete and return the Agreement Contract. Click here for an application.
How do I get rid of the litter that is collected?
The City deposes of collected litter for free! To schedule a pick-up you must call us to discuss where and when you want the litter picked up.
Can our organization do more than just pick up trash?
YES!! Through the City’s approval, citizens can plant trees, shrubbery or flowers along streets, plus other beautification projects. Contact the Program Coordinator and we would be happy to assist you with these projects.
How can our organization find out if there is an
Adopt-A-Spot group in our neighborhood?
When you inquire, we will let you know what “spots” have already been adopted.
Activity Report (complete this form after each clean-up)
Call 763-433-9820 for more information today!