Candidates filed for Office - 2022 for terms beginning in January 2023
Eligibility to Hold Office
Candidates for public office must:
- be an eligible voter
- have no other affidavit on file as a candidate for any office in the same election
- be 21 years of age or more by time of assuming office
- have maintained residency in the City for 30 days before the election
All Candidates must file their Affidavit of Candidacy during the filing period which runs from Tuesday, May 17, 2022 through Tuesday, May 31, 2022. The filing fee is $5 and is done in the City Clerk's Office at the Municipal Center.
City offices are closed Monday, May 30 in observance of Memorial Day and will resume normal business hours Tuesday, May 31. Offices are open for filing until 5:00 p.m. on May 31.
A candidate who will be absent from the State during the filing period may submit an affidavit of candidacy and the appropriate filing fee. The candidate shall state in writing the reason for being unable to submit the affidavit during the filing period. The affidavit and filing fee must be submitted to the City Clerk during the seven days immediately preceding the candidate’s absence from the state.
A five dollar ($5.00) fee is required at the time of filing. In lieu of a filing fee, candidates may present a petition that must meet certain statutory requirements (MN Statute 204B.07-204B.11).
To remove your name from the ballot, you must withdraw by filing an affidavit of withdrawal with the City Clerk by 5:00 p.m., June 2, 2022. Thereafter, no candidate may file an affidavit of withdrawal. The filing fee will not be refunded upon withdrawal.
Redistricting is the process of redrawing the boundaries of election districts to ensure that the people of each district are equally represented. Visit the Redistricting page for for information. The Secretary of State Poll Finder is expected to be available with updated information in early June 2022.
- Results from Previous Elections
- View the results of the Ward 1 Special Election (2021)
- View the results of the General Election (2020)
- View the results of the Presidential Nomination Primary (2020)
- View the results of the Ward 3 Special Election (2019)
- View the results of the Councilmember At-Large Special Election (2019)
- View the results of the 2018 General Election.
Number of Households Per Ward
Campaign Finance Reporting
Pursuant to Minnesota Statutes 211A.02, Subd. 6, Campaign Finance Reports will be posted within thirty (30) days of the receipt of the report and will remain available for four (4) years after the posting date.